Turnaround Time

I first spoke to a sales person "David" and described the size of my storage unit. He told me he was basing the move on an 8x10 storage unit as well as two extra items, a table and a wall unit.

He told me it was not necessary to itemize the storage unit and that he could base it on the size of the unit. He expressly stated that it wasn't necessary to list all of the items, since it was impossible to count everything crammed in storage, and that he could base the estimate on the size of the unit. When the movers arrived, they packed my truck and only told me once the truck was nearly packed that it was vastly in excess of the quote. The quote listed the square footage at 334 square feet, vastly smaller than the 8'x10'x9' unit that I quite explicitly described multiple times.

The mover told me that I would lose my deposit if they had to unload it. I called every number I had for budget van lines and no one answered. I felt I had no choice, and so I agreed to a revised quote under duress. I was finally able to reach the office a day or so later and was redirected to "Jasmine" who told me that they would investigate it, because the mover was not supposed to do this.

Once the weight came in, she said it was a non issue because the total price after being weighed was only $2,100 anyway. We both expressed relief that there was nothing I needed to do. I asked for documentation of the weight and was never provided with it and was unable to reach the office, but was relieved that it was close to the original estimate. Everything was put in storage despite my request.

I spoke to Jasmine again on January 2nd and she said that she said that everything was still in storage and she had no information about when it would be released but that she would call me on January 4th. I then got a call from a mover at 7 pm that night, January 2nd, that they had already arrived and were coming in the morning. He then told me that the bill was $2,100 and I expressed that there must be some mistake. I was told that the total was $2,100 and had already paid $1,400, and I wasn't able to get a money order for that vastly increased sum in less than 24 hours.

If I had been given a full 24 hours notice I could have withdrawn that vastly increased amount. The mover refused any other form of payment. I called Jasmine and she said, "that's odd, it was 2,100 total, I'll look into it." Once she realized that she had told me the remainder instead of the total, she denied the mistake. They then put my items in storage a second time and charged me an extra $700.

When they're not lying to make a sale or cover up mistakes, they're simply incompetent. $4,100 after an 1,800 quote and still no stuff.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Dishonest sales, Incompetent staff.

Comments