Fraud Alert! Budget Van Lines/LD Moving and Storage

On March 6, 2016, I contracted with LD Moving and Storage to help move and relocate our items from El Cajon, CA to Gulfport, MS. Prior to this, Budget Van Lines brokered this move at an estimated $2,500. When the movers and foreman arrived on March 6, 2016, all of them smelled of marijuana and two of the three were clearly under the influence. After several minutes, I was quoted a new adjusted price of $5,300, twice the amount I was originally quoted! The foreman stated I had more items than on the initial inventory list, which is true, however I did not have twice the amount of items or weight. However, at this point, my husband and I felt we had no other choice, and proceeded with the move. The movers began to wrap and load our items. The entire time, the movers were making rude and inappropriate statements about our items. Statements included, “They seriously want to move this sh*t”, and “They have so much sh*t.” While I understand moving may not be an ideal profession, talking down to your customers in front of them is rude and inconsiderate. My husband and I had three friends over the entire time to watch/whiteness how they loaded our items.

We were not told that our items were going to be unloaded at the warehouse and then loaded again on the actual moving truck until after everything was loaded. I was also not made aware that I had to pay any cash that day. I was only aware that I had to pay cash on the final delivery. While I still do not appreciate that I had to pay cash, as I feel that is inappropriate business, I was willing to agree as long as I could pay the rest via credit card, as my employer is reimbursing part of my move expenses and I need documentation. After they are done loading, the foreman stated the final amount will be $3,750, and I HAD to pay $450 in cash that day. Again, this was not something we were aware of, and were not prepared for. We went to the ATM and pulled the cash because at this point, our entire lives were in that truck.

Upon delivery, the movers began to unload our items, and several items have been damaged or were missing. The movers unloading the items were very friendly unlike the movers who initially loaded everything. However, the driver himself was very rude. He stated, “Good luck getting any of these broken items reimbursed” which I found to be rude and inconsiderate.

At this time, I have estimated $2,591.98 in damaged and missing items. I am requesting that the entire amount is compensated back to us for all of the hassle, miscommunication, and damages to our items. People hire moving companies because they expect to pay for a service. I expected to pay for our items to be shipped from one location to another, in the same condition in which they were loaded, and I do not appreciate anything being in any other condition than that.

Budget Van Lines will do anything to get your money, even if it means using a shady moving company.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Budget Van Lines Household Moving
Review category
Transportation and Storage
review #886753

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Budget Van Lines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 12 #1211762 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

It's people like this that create these lies and use the service. Then want to get free services get a life they should have charged someone like you triple cheap ***

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Budget Van Lines. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Budget Van Lines.
Filing a new complaint about